Sunday, May 19th, 2019 12pm to 3pm
Bring your friends and family to this city-wide bike festival hosted at Otis Elementary School.
Festival activities include:
- Free raffle prizes from local businesses including a new bike donated by Alameda Bicycle!
- Learn about the planned bike improvements around the City
- Free bicycle tune-ups with the BikeMobile
- Learn about BikeLink eLockers and sign up for a card
- A bike rodeo to practice skills and drills
- A helmet and bicycle decoration station
- Helmet fittings and giveaways
- Bike-blended smoothies
- A bicycle Trivia Wheel
- A taco truck
- And a whole lot more to inspire, educate and encourage bicycle riding in Alameda
This festival is a project of Alameda County Safe Routes to Schools, the Alameda Safe Routes to School Task Force in partnership with Alameda Unified School District, the City of Alameda, Alameda Recreation and Parks, Alameda Elks Lodge and the Kiwanis Club of Alameda.
Family Cycling Workshop Schedules:
- 9:30am-12:00pm: Family Cycling Clinic:
Parents and children attend together, both with their own bikes and helmets. For youth in grades 2-6. Everyone participates throughout the entire event. And free reflective vests for youth attendees!
Bicycles and helmets required.
- 11am-12:30pm: Learn to Ride Class:
We’ll help you get off training wheels, or learn how to ride a bicycle for the first time. Bring your bike, helmet, and a dash of courage – we’ll provide the rest. One adult per family required, one adult per child recommended. Bicycles and helmets required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if your child needs anything specific from us to make their experience safe and enjoyable.
- We’d love your help! You can sign up to volunteer here: https://volunteersignup.org/BRF3J
- Looking for Alameda Bicycle? They live here: www.alamedabicycle.com